June 3, 2010

Mactweetster is Tweeting

Today I added a link on this blog to my Twitter account. "What?" you gasp, "Heidi has a Twitter Account?" I know, I'm getting wild and crazy. Actually, my teacher made me do it. In fact, she's making me do this blog too! (She's really a great teacher, and she's forcing me out of my comfort zone.) I feared signing up for Twitter because it seemed so hard. But seriously, it took all of two seconds. You go to Twitter.com, make up a name, sign up, and you're off.

So now I'm mactweetster to all of you who choose to follow me. Don't get too excited about my Twitter account. I've tweeted, drum roll please, ONE time. I know you will be disappointed to not hear my lastest tweets on what I had for breakfast or when I'm stopping at the gas station. My thoughts and escapades just aren't all that enthralling.

I have to admit I was not relishing the idea of signing up for Twitter. I think it's stupid. I heard Britney overtook Ashton as the most followed on Twitter. Now, I do love me some Ashton Kutcher, but I'm not following his tweets. I don't care when he brushes his teeth or how he feels about the service at the luncheonette. I also don't want his political opinions. (Just give me a couple of posters for my wall.)

I'm not a twitter hater! I just don't get it. I'm old-fashioned in that I think social networking has gotten way out of hand. You can share ideas and thoughts or your favorite Jelly Belly flavor via dozens of vehicles: squidoo, plunk, friendster, delicious, etc. I guess I'm really just overwhelmed by the whole social networking realm, so I choose to bash it. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment